10.17.2010

ode to grill cheese sandwiches

Your crispy breaded shell
Your savoury butter grilling smell
Your gooey cheesy centre
Every time is an easy sell

I eat you in the morning
I eat you in the night
You make a delicious snack
And tomato soup side

Some think you're just for kids
I don't believe that's so
I love you, gourmet or simple
You make me warm from head to toe

This ode is a result of my consumption of quite possibly, my best grilled cheese ever. I made it with St. Margaret's Bay's Snair's Golden Bakery white loaf and some amazing goat/cheddar cheese slices I picked up at Costco. I topped it off with some cranberry sauce leftover from Thanksgiving turkey dinner and grilled it slowly to ensure the cheese melted evenly. Worked like a charm. My inspiration was the turkeycran croissant from Darrell's Restaurant in Halifax which is a splendid food combination. I paired the sandwich with turkey slices and dressing, the meal may have surpassed the original turkey dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment