9.21.2010

the very fine befine

It's been four weeks since I stumbled upon the Befine line of skin care products so now I can safely say -  it's delightful. Period. I have the Evening Sampler, a trio of three small volume versions of Befine products consisting of an exfoliating face wash made from almonds, a ginger pore refining toner and a cocoa night cream (woo! natural caffeine) that is so soft and luscious I can't stop touching my face.

I've been trying to get myself into a skin care routine because, as the receptionist at my salon told me, "You're 28 so it's time to start thinking about aging skin." Oy vey. I resisted the urge to start buying wrinkle cream in bulk that day and take her too seriously. (I'm actually kind of against trying too hard to turn back the sands of time. I think laugh and smile lines paired with a few creases are somewhat attractive, they represent a life lived.) I did decide however, that I would take better care of myself and start investing a bit in those things that I thought for the longest time were shallow and vain - skin care, better quality makeup that won't clog my pores, and more frequent pedicures - you can never be too nice to your feet.

Now my only problem is actually buying the products. I purchased my Evening Sampler at Winners for $8.99. Within a week, I went back for two more to stock up because, at Winners, products come and products go. I'd really like to get my hands on the morning sampler and the cooling peel-off mask but Befine does not seem to be broadly available in Canadian retail stores. Online shopping on the befine.com website appears to be limited to the US. I've sent an email to the company to find out more however, it has yet to be answered. Rest assured, the next time I visit the States, I will be tracking this fine product down.

No comments:

Post a Comment